The flight from Tel Aviv had just come in Wednesday and a large group of Israeli tourists had been picked up by three buses at Burgas airport when one of them exploded and caught fire.

Reports state that seven Israeli passengers were killed on the spot and dozens were injured. The airport was wreathed in black smoke.burgas bus

Magen David emergency teams are preparing to fly to Bulgaria to treat the casualties. The buses were taking the holidaymakers to the Gobus Hotel.

The blast is suspected to be part of a terror campaign staged by Iran and Hizballah of thus far thwarted attacks on Israeli targets in various other countries, including Thailand and Kenya.

via debka.com


Arutz Sheva reports: The Foreign Ministry has announced that it is sending personnel to the site.

Voice of Israel Radio said that 25 people are wounded. It said that a suicide bomber boarded the bus before the explosion occurred, but other reports said the explosion came from the bus's luggage hold.

The plane whose passengers were attacked reportedly landed in Burgas at 4:45 p.m. local time.

Israel's Ambassador in Bulgaria is on his way to the Burgas Airport.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry is holding special assessments at this time. For information, the telephone number in the Foreign Ministry's situation room is 02-5303155.


More: Eyewitnesses saw suspected suicide bomber board bus...

"All signs point to Iran" as the perpetrator of the murderous terror attack in Burgas, Bulgaria, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Wednesday evening.

Shin Bet Orders Flights to E. Europe Delayed
...